to know how to play DVDs with AirVR for iPad Mini playable format? Please read on this article patiently and you will be shown the easiest way.
Oculus who? AirVR straps
an iPhone 6 Plus or iPad mini to your face. Move over Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR, there's a new virtual reality kid in town and it's iPhone and iPad based - AirVR is a cheap virtual reality
headset currently going through the Kickstarter funding phase that uses the Retina display on a latest iPad mini or iPhone 6 Plus and the AirVR or AirVR+ lenses to create "immersive
Read More: 10 3D VR Glasses/Headsets in 2015 | 7 Things for Gear VR/Oculus Rift
The AirVR for iPad mini with Retina display offers a resolution of 1024 x 1200 for each eye. With the match of AirVR and iPad Mini, you never need to go on cinema to watch 3D movies in high price. If you have lots of DVD discs, you even can rip these DVD to iPad Mini with 3D mode so that you can watch these DVD on AirVR with excellent 3D movie experience. Then, you don’t need to hunt 3D movie source here and there.
Since AirVR supports 3D MP4, we need to change 2D DVDs to 3D SBS/TB MP4 for transferring to iPad Mini so that Air VR can recognize and play via Mac OS X El Capitan. Just get some help from the third party software. Here, we suggest you Pavtube BDMagic for Mac. Read the review. And this article shows you the way to watch DVD on AirVR via iPad Mini by ripping DVD to 3D MP4 format on Mac 10.11.
This is the Top 3D DVD Ripper for AirVR which can Easily convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD from discs and folders to 3D videos in MKV/MP4/MOV/WMV/AVI formats with Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, or Anaglyph 3D effect. You are allowed to set the 3D depth to adjust the 3D effect. If you are Windows user, please turn to Pavtube BDMagic.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
How to Watch DVD on AirVR with iPad Mini via Mac OS X El Capitan?
Step 1: Add DVD movies
Add your DVD videos to the app by clicking the “Load file(s)” icon from DVD disc. Keep the network connected when ripping DVD. You can also load Blu-rays for iPhone 6 Plus.
Step 2: Choose 3D SBS output format.
Click “Format” bar, from its drop-down option, select “3D Video” > “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4) or “MOV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mov)” as output format for playing on AirVR.
Tip: Click Settings to adjust the parameters like video codec, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. 3D depth is also allowed to adjust here.
Step 3: Start the DVD conversion process.
Go back to the main interface of the program, hit the right-bottom “Convert” button to start to rip 2D DVD to 3D SBS MP4/MOV.
When the conversion is done, click “Open output folder” to locate and find all the converted files under the destination folder you have specified before.
Step 4: Transfer ripped DVD movies to iPad Mini with iTunes
1. Run iTunes on your Mac. You can download iTunes app from Apple website to install it on your Mac computer.
2. Connect your iPad to iTunes with the USB cable that comes with your iPad.
3. Choose iPad as your file syncing destination. Click the dropdown menu near “iTunes Store” on the top right corner to choose iPad.
4. After choosing device “iPad”, iTunes will automatically switch to the summary interface where you’re allowed to sync movies, music, photos, TV shows, apps, etc to your iPad.
5. click “Movies” to movie syncing interface. Please make sure the box for “Sync Movies” is checked. And then check the movie items you’d like to sync to your iPad.
6. Click the “Apply” button on the bottom right corner to start syncing your videos to your iPad.
When all the preparation jobs are done, you can watch DVD movies on AirVR with iPad Mini. Now, just enjoy your time!
Editor’s Note: If you are considering to get a powerful all-in-one tool to 3D Video Converter Ultimate for AirVR, you can use Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac for easily convert HD Videos or 3D Blu-ray movie no matter from Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray movie folder, DVD disc, MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, Tivo, MPG, FLV/F4V files and export Anaglyph, Top-Bottom, Side-by-Side 3D video supported by AirVR/VR One/Samsung Gear VR unit/Oculus Cinema with the best quality easily.
- Enjoy Blu-ray/DVD/Video on LG Ultra 4K TV
- Rip DVD on Windows 10 with Multiple Audio and Subtitle Tracks
- Convert Blu-ray ISO to Surface 3 on Windows 10 for Playback
- Play Amazon Instant Video on Surface 3 without any issue
- Play Blu-ray on Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV 2 with 7.1 Audio