Summary: Copying all your DVDs to Synology DiskStation DS216j can make you access your movies on television without using DVD discs and DVD Player.
If you are looking for a device that you can store you videos and DVDS in a digital compressed format then you are able to access the device tru television and select movies, Synology DiskStation DS216 can do all the above. Of course, it won’t rip DVD itself. If you want to get all DVDs on Synology DiskStation DS216 in compressed format, you need to rip DVDs in advance. You can follow the steps below to backup DVDs to Synology DiskStation DS216j.
Copy DVDs to Synology DiskStation DS216j
Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows or Macwhich is such a right DVD Ripper for you <DVD Ripper Software vs. DVD Copy Software> which enables you to rip DVD discs to universal video and audio file types as you need. You can rip and convert DVD to Synology DiskStation DS216j with super fast conversion speed and excellent image and sound quality. What's more, with this DVD ripping tool, you can easily backup your DVD disc with whole content copy or backup main movie. It has enough function that makes you love it:
- Remove copy protection from DVD disc
- Shift format to digital version
- Output MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, etc
- Has optimized preset for LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic TV
- Trim & crop DVD video
- Split & merge DVD video
- Adjust A/V codec, bitrate, size.
- Adjust display aspect ratio
- Add subtitle to DVD video
- Batch convert DVD video to WD My Cloud EX4 Diskless
- GPU acceleration
Download DVD to Synology DiskStation DS216j
Steps to Get all DVDs into Synology DiskStation DS216j
1. Run Pavtube CD/DVD to Synology DiskStation DS216j Converter, and click the disc botton to import the disc that you want to convert for viewing.
2. Highlight the movie title you want to rip, and then you can click the dropdown menu after “Subtitles” and “Audio” respectively to select your wanted subs and audio track to be preserved in the resulted files.
3.As Synology DiskStation DS216j is powerful enough to almost all kinds of formats, you can choose the format according to your own needs. Or just search the device you want to stream to by enter the name in the serch box and find the profile.
4. Click "Settings" button to configure file quality. After entering “Profile Settings” panel, you are allowed to adjust video and audio parameters such as bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and more. The recommended video settings have been presetted.
Note: If you prefer a much better video quality and don’t mind the output file size, you can rise the video bit rate higher. Generally speaking, the higher video bit rate will result in the larger output file size, and vice versa.
5. Click "Convert" button to start DVD to Synology DiskStation DS216j Conversion.
As soon as the conversion is done, you can click “Open” button to get the generated files and transfer them to your Synology DiskStation DS216j. Then stream your video onto any smart TV or devices in the house. In conjunction with the Synology DiskStation DS216j you should be able to stream videos on holiday which will be great for the family members and friends. Just enjoy!
Plus, getting DVD discs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV is so easy! If you have some DVD discs, learn to backup them to access Home Entertainment System. Or read how to make perfect copies of my BD/DVD library with lossless mkv format.