Summary: Do you want to create 3D video out of 2D source? Here shows you the easiest way to convert normal 2D video to 3D SBS video for VR Headsets and 3D TV.
2D to 3D video conversion (also called 2D to stereo 3D conversion and stereo conversion) is the process of transforming 2D ("flat") film to 3D form, which in almost all cases is stereo, so it is the process of creating imagery for each eye from one 2D image. Many people will have this need for a reason or another. For example, you maybe want to convert your old 2D video to 3D SBS video so that you can play the video on your new Gear VR. So how to make 3D video out of 2D video.
To convert normal 2D video to 3D, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate <Mac version> can help you a lot. This software support outputting Red/Cyan Anaglyph 3D video format so you can transcode your normal 2D MP4, 2D MKV, 2D FLV, 2D WMV, 2D 3GP to Side-by-Side 3D and Top and Bottom 3D video. It can convert 2D videos to 3D MP4, 3D MKV, 3D WMV, 3D AVI for your Oculus Rift CV1, Gear VR, ANTVR, ZEISS VR ONE, 3D TV, etc. Also, you are allowed to adjust the depth from 0 to 50 to find a comfortable view and preview 3D effects in real-time to ensure whether the 3D effects are suitable. What's more, it also can:
• Convert videos in any format to 2D MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, and more.
• Edit videos with the great video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle, etc.
• Optimized presets for converting video directly to devices like iPhone, iPad, and Android phones.
• Copy Blu-ray and DVD to hard drive
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to Convert normal 2D to 3D Video?
Step 1: Import 2D files
Directly drag your 2D common videos then drop to the 3D MP4 converter or click the "Files" menu to add video folders for locating the video files in the whole folder at one time. The program support batch conversion which enables you to convert several 2D videos to 3D MP4 files on the go.
Step 2: . Set your preferred 3D format directly
Tap on “Format” bar and find “3D Video”, there are a lot of format options for you. “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” is recommended here.
Tip: To get better 3D enjoyment on your 3D Glasses, you are suggested to adjust resolution to encode your videos. Please keep in mind, higher resolutions will not provide any better quality, meaning you’ll waste space and processing power.
Step 3: Start to convert 2D video to 3D MP4
Click "Convert" to accomplish the rest automatically. Now, equip your 3D glasses and import these converted 3D MP4 files into your player and start your theatric 3D experience at home! BTW, you can also upload these files to your YouTube 3D page for sharing.
1. To improve your media experience more amazing, the 2D to 3D MP4 converter additionally provides you some useful edit functions like cropping, add cool effects etc. To learn more about this, you can go to user guide of Video Converter Ultimate.
2. Click the link to learn more about the differences between Anaglyph and Side-by-Side 3D video.